We recommend that you bring the following:
- We provide firewood.
- We have BBQ grills, but do not provide propane.
- We provide towels and linens, but we do not provide daily maid service so if you want linens and towels changed daily bring extras.
- Idaho evenings get cool year around, so always bring sweatshirts.
- We don't sell Ice, so bring extra for your group along with coolers.
- Mosquito spray
- Sleeping bags/extra blankets
- Food, drinks, and coffee
- Large pots, large pans, roasters, crock pots, griddles, plastic silverware, plates, cups
- Shampoo, toiletries, hair dryers
- Tennis shoes/hiking boots
- Hot dog sticks
- Hot dogs, marshmallows, S'mores stuff (marshmallows, graham crackers, Chocolate bars)
Linens and towels are supplied. There are basic kitchen supplies: pots, pans, coffee maker, microwave oven, range, dishwasher in the lodge. We recommend guests bring specialized large pots, roasters, or griddles. Plastic silverware, cups, & plates are convenient for large group meals.
No, we don't charge a cleaning deposit. However, we require a credit card on file in case of damaged or stolen articles.
Unfortunately, we don't allow pets inside these facilities. We will allow them on the premises if they are under control, and have a crate or a place to sleep other than inside the facilities.
We have a great place to get together and spend time as a group. Volleyball, horseshoes, and lawn games are welcome. We also have trout stocked in our ponds which we charge $10.00 per person to fish. (Guests do not have to have an Idaho fishing license to fish in our private ponds)
There are 2 golf courses within 3 miles of Squirrel Creek Guest Ranch. The Targhee national forest is 2 miles east of Squirrel Creek Ranch and has areas for snowmobiling, hiking, and ATVs.
Check-in is 2:00 pm, and check-out is 10:00 am. We are sometimes lenient on these times if there is not another group checking in/out the same day. However, if a group is checking in/out the same day we need to enforce these rules in order to have time to clean and maintain the premises between guests.
Ashton has a grocery store with the basic staples. Ashton also has a convenience store which is open 24 hours daily with fuel. There are 2 hardware stores in Ashton for some camping outdoor equipment.
Rexburg is 40 miles from Squirrel Creek Guest Ranch and has many stores such as Wal Mart, K-mart, larger grocery stores, and many restaurants from which to choose.
- Idaho Falls is the closest 60 miles from Squirrel Creek Ranch.
- Jackson Hole, WY is approximately 75 miles from Squirrel Creek Ranch, but can have winter road issues with the steep pass between Wyoming and Idaho.
- Bozeman, MT is approximately 3 hours drive from Squirrel Creek Guest Ranch.
- Salt Lake City is approximately 4 hours drive from Squirrel Creek Guest Ranch.
We do not sell ice at Squirrel Creek Ranch, but it can be purchased in Ashton.
We require a 3 night rental on weekends during June, July, and August. We do allow more flexibility during the week days during these months.
We book most of our family reunions 1 year in advance, and sometimes 2 years ahead. Many families hold their reunions the same week every year, so they want to be sure to have a location confirmed so they can plan ahead.
We have DSL in the Ranch House only.
We have a licensed restaurant/bar that can be open to cater for parties with advanced notice. There is a catering menu on this website. We don't run a restaurant/bar on a daily basis.